[SOLVED] COMPUTER ISN'T BOOTING

deadpool.aka.dp

Commendable
May 28, 2018
Computer isn't booting up. I've tried everything, replacing the ram, checked each and every slot, GPU works fine, every component fan is working. Even the power on LED is working. The computer just won't show BIOS.

I've replaced everything and cleaned everything.

My specs are:-
GA-78 LMT USB 3.0
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
16 GB DDR3 RAM( 2×4 GB AND one 8 GB stick)
Toshiba 1 TB HDD
FX-8350
Crosair 650 watt PSU

Solution
Computer isn't booting up. I've tried everything, replacing the ram, checked each and every slot, GPU works fine, every component fan is working. Even the power on LED is working. The computer just won't show BIOS.

GA-78 LMT USB 3.0
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Toshiba 1 TB HDD
FX-8350
Crosair 650 watt PSU

You may have tried this but have you tried booting the machine with the minimal number of components? That is, remove all but one memory stick, completely disconnect the HDD and remove the discrete GPU so it's just motherboard, ram, cpu connected to the integrated graphics (looking it up that motherboard has a Radeon 3000 gpu...

GA-78 LMT USB 3.0
MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Toshiba 1 TB HDD
FX-8350
Crosair 650 watt PSU

You may have tried this but have you tried booting the machine with the minimal number of components? That is, remove all but one memory stick, completely disconnect the HDD and remove the discrete GPU so it's just motherboard, ram, cpu connected to the integrated graphics (looking it up that motherboard has a Radeon 3000 gpu integrated onto the board apparently).

If the machine still doesn't boot in that config, try resetting the cmos (there should be a 'clear cmos' jumper on the motherboard - with the power off, set that to the clear position for around 60 seconds, then set it back to normal and try booting the machine again). If your motherboard doesn't have that jumper you can achieve the same thing by removing the cmos battery from its holder for 60 seconds and replacing (again do this with the power off).

Solution