[SOLVED] Computer isn't working after I switched ram slots.

Jan 28, 2019
So recently I have been getting the notification when I start up my Pc that my ram slots should Be fixed, prior they had been working fine but I decided to switch them because it should have been beneficial. I wasn't sure so I tried the A2 and B2 configuration (MOBO: Msi b450- A Pro), pc was working fine then I went to my specs and the PC was reading 8 gbs not 16. I have been switching it up and now none of the configurations work, including my original one and my PC will not even load up after I sign in, it will just freeze. What do I do?

Solution
Two memory sticks should be in A2 and B2.

Despite MSI refusing to acknowledge it there is an issue with some of their BIOSs where PC will report that memory needs to be moved for optimal performance. For me, the resolution was to use an older BIOS. On another PC I downgraded to v15 then upgraded to v17 again. (MSI X299 XPower Gaming AC - v18 of the BIOS is known to be broken).

Having moved your RAM around various slots I'd start first with a BIOS reset (The jumper is in the middle of board (front - back) and near the bottom just below the second PCIe x16 connector.

For your motherboard A4 is the latest BIOS. If you are not on that version you can download it from https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-A-PRO#down-bios and give...

Tanyac

Reputable
Two memory sticks should be in A2 and B2.

Despite MSI refusing to acknowledge it there is an issue with some of their BIOSs where PC will report that memory needs to be moved for optimal performance. For me, the resolution was to use an older BIOS. On another PC I downgraded to v15 then upgraded to v17 again. (MSI X299 XPower Gaming AC - v18 of the BIOS is known to be broken).

Having moved your RAM around various slots I'd start first with a BIOS reset (The jumper is in the middle of board (front - back) and near the bottom just below the second PCIe x16 connector.

For your motherboard A4 is the latest BIOS. If you are not on that version you can download it from https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-A-PRO#down-bios and give that a try. If you are already on A4 maybe try A3.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS