Question Computer Issue

Apr 20, 2019
Firstly, I dont really know where to post a computer issue, or if this is even the right site to do it. However, my computer has had a freezing issue for about a year to a year and a half at this point.
I dont have a clue as to what causes it. I have tried nearly everything to fix it. What ive tried so far from square one all the way to now.
  1. Scanning for viruses.
  2. Reinstalling Windows.
  3. Trying Manjaro Linux to see a difference.
  4. Replacing hardware such as a mouse and keyboard.
  5. New Monitor.
  6. New Power supply and then a new graphics card.
  7. Checking thermals and cleaning the pc of dust.

Ive basically tried everything ive found on the internet to try and find the issue with my computer. It seems that it freezes up every time im watching a youtube video, but it never freezes whenever im playing games such as iron sight or minecraft/terraria. Ive even checked the ram with chkdsk or whatever its called. I cant solve this issue by myself. If anybody has a solution I could try, please help me.

A quick thing to try is to switch places with the RAM modules, if you have more than one installed. Also, removing all but one memory module, and trying things out, then switching memory modules in and out, one at a time, can spot bad or weak memory.

But, we really should know the system specs to be better informed in any attempt to help you:

Motherboard:
BIOS and Release Version:
CPU:
Type of CPU Cooling Solution Installed:
Graphics Card:
Installed Memory:
Storage Devices:
Primary and Secondary Installed Operating Systems:
Additional Sound Card Hardware:
Other Add-On Cards Installed In the Bus Connectors:
Power Supply:

It's also helpful to know the age of the system, and any major peripheral devices connected to the system, as well as what kind of case you are using and any special features it may have, and if you are over clocking the system.
It never hurts to know what type of security software you have installed, or what specialized software yo may be running--if any.

Apr 20, 2019
According to msinfo32, my motherboard is an "ASRock x58 Extreme"
The BIOS version/date is "American Megatrends Inc. p2,40 4/21/2010"
The CPU/Processor is a "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
The CPU cooling solution I have installed I believe is a fan either right below or right above the CPU
The graphics card is a gtx 1050 2gb
I have 12 gigabytes of ram
I have a 1 terabyte solid state drive
I currently have windows 10 on my pc, no additional operating systems, although I do have virtual machines.
I dont have any additional sound hardware other than a set of logitech g933 headphones.
I have a 600 watt ev3a power supply, not sure how thats spelled.
I dont know how to overclock a system. I did buy the system from somebody, and they told me it wasnt overclocked. I originally bought it with an amd radeon 8650, but replaced it with the gtx 1050. I do have malwarebytes installed, as well as hitmanpro.

I assume that, when you tried the Linux, the problem persisted?

If so we're looking at a hardware or configuration issue, instead of software issues.

Memory is a good place to start looking because it's generally easy to access and swap in and out. If you have more than one DIMM installed, remove all but 1 of them. Make certain that this single module is in the 'A1" DIMM socket (one of the white sockets...probably closest to the CPU), and try the system out. Test all the memory modules in this way. If you have the same problem with all the modules, then we have to consider other probable causes.

....Annnnnd my wife is dragging me away from the computer for dinner.

Apr 20, 2019
I have tried Linux Manjaro. My issue basically is where my computer just randomly freezes up. The screen stays the same, all the computers hardware stays on and doesnt have any noticable difference, but it just freezes up. At times, ive left it on all night and its still been frozen. The only way ive been able to unfreeze it is to physically flip the switch on the power supply.

I dont know what a DIMM is, but I have pulled the ram out in the past, dusted it off, and put it back just the way it was before.

DIMM is the single unit of memory that some people refer to as "sticks".

Pull it all out, and set it in a spot that makes it easy to identify what order they were originally installed, then put one of them into the 'A1' socket and try running the machine. Note your results, shutdown, remove that DIMM, and trade one of the others into the 'A1' socket and do it again. Note results for all DIMMs.

If your problem remains unchanged for all the DIMMs being in the 'A1' socket, you've likely excluded the memory as the cause of your problems.

If the issue clears-up, though, then the issue is linked , in some way to the memory modules themselves.

Apr 20, 2019
This may take multiple days of testing, as the freezing happens completely randomly, but I will try it over the next couple weeks, note the results, and post back on it. Thank you.