Question Computer Issues (Glitching? Artifacting? Screen Tearing?)

Jan 2, 2023
Alrighty, i think i have come to the best place to help me find a solution to this madness.

Recently I have been having some glitching? Artifacting? Screen tear? On my pc. It happens when I web browse, discord, when I game (all games) Here’s the links to the ingame glitching

View: https://youtu.be/S1CkUvViT-s

View: https://youtu.be/B45B_4FZLGU

https://youtube.com/shorts/tC0Wiea1y2Y?feature=share
So for this video, if i do a system restore to a week before, it doesnt get this bad. But it has to be that exact date. Like there is almost no tearing if i restore back to that date. That is only for web browsing though
game still has the same effect.

What is this problem called? How do I fix it?

So far I tried :
Window Install CLEAN (it already start happening as soon as i load up some webpages)
Two different GPU (1080/3070)
DDU on the drivers (Tried a super old driver already, currently on the newest)
2 Different monitors
2 Different monitor cables
Changing monitor hertz (120 / 144)
Switch / Moved ram (Diff slots)

At this point, is it a hardware issue? or a program/driver issue? This pc is still new, only been a year, it started acting up like few months ago.

Another problem I have is some sound issues but only for one game, elden ring. When I load it up, I hear robot noises then it goes silents… only that game, every game I can hear sound. I reinstall sound drivers and it is still the same problem.

My pc specs are

Mobo-Asus tuf gaming x570 wifi (AMD)
PSU- Corsair 750sf
Cpu- 5800x amd
Gpu- 3070 (new)

Graphic settings - 144hz DP

After all my testing, i dont think its the monitor / graphics card. What do you guys think?

Any help or any suggestions would be helpful. If you need any other info, please let me know. Thank you! Happy new year!

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

Window Install CLEAN
Where did you source the installer for your OS?

PSU- Corsair 750sf
How old is the PSU in your build? If it's been in service for a while, what discrete GPU did it power prior and for how long?

What BIOS version are you on for that motherboard?

Make and model of your SSD?

Jan 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums and a Happy New Year, newcomer!

Hey Lutfij! Thaank you so much!

Window Install CLEAN
Where did you source the installer for your OS?
Well i had two different SSD so i used another one to test. A clean empty SSD and it was still there. (Currently on window 10 21H2)

PSU- Corsair 750sf
How old is the PSU in your build? If it's been in service for a while, what discrete GPU did it power prior and for how long?
My pc is 1 year old pretty much, everything is still new. Before it was powering a 1080 evga pretty much for one year.

What BIOS version are you on for that motherboard?

Make and model of your SSD?
980 Samsung nvme (Main one)