computer jammed (never had a problem b4)

Scott

I don't know wher to begin. I tried turning off the
computer and restarting it (safe mode, last known good).
It works for abouit a minute then it it seems to freeze
up.

Philo

"scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I don't know wher to begin. I tried turning off the
> computer and restarting it (safe mode, last known good).
> It works for abouit a minute then it it seems to freeze
> up.

check your cpu cooling fan right away

If the fan is still running you could also keep the case off of your system
and put a external fan blowing on the motherboard and see if it makes any
differences. This does sound like an overheating problem.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"philo" <philo@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I don't know wher to begin. I tried turning off the
> > computer and restarting it (safe mode, last known good).
> > It works for abouit a minute then it it seems to freeze
> > up.
>

> check your cpu cooling fan right away

You also might want to reseat your RAM, could be a case of chip creep. you might also want to boot to a boot floppy or CD and see if the machine will run for several minutes when you don't load Windows, that will help you decide for sure if you are dealing with hardware or software issues.