computer keeps beeping

Apr 10, 2018
I was using my dell inspiron 15 and suddenly a kid came and started slapping the keyboard and then i turned it off, now when i turn it on it beeps loundly and then keeps beeping and 5 beeps together. My computer boots up properly and runs same except the beeping sound also when i turn on any video i don't hear any sound.I think its because of keyboard slapping. Is there any solution for my computer?

Solution
As i don't know the exact model you have, it's hard to tell, but normally for Dell Inspiron those 5 beeps mean that the CMOS battery is not functionning properly (https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2014/06/25/dell-inspiron-15r-n5110-beep-codes-diagnostic-indicators/). However this doesn't explain the lack of sound when playing videos.
If it was just the battery, it may have simply got loose because of those slaps. You would need to open the laptop and re-seat the battery.
But the lack of sound problem would persist. As the kid slapped the keyboard, he may have mutted the computer altogether, have you made sure it's not this? Appart from the beeps at startup, does it produce sounds? (you know the usual Windows error sound when doing...
As i don't know the exact model you have, it's hard to tell, but normally for Dell Inspiron those 5 beeps mean that the CMOS battery is not functionning properly (https://www.parts-people.com/blog/2014/06/25/dell-inspiron-15r-n5110-beep-codes-diagnostic-indicators/). However this doesn't explain the lack of sound when playing videos.
If it was just the battery, it may have simply got loose because of those slaps. You would need to open the laptop and re-seat the battery.
But the lack of sound problem would persist. As the kid slapped the keyboard, he may have mutted the computer altogether, have you made sure it's not this? Appart from the beeps at startup, does it produce sounds? (you know the usual Windows error sound when doing something not allowed, or any other sound at all?)
Opening a laptop is not especially hard for an expert, but it can be daunting for someone unfamiliar: i recommend you contact Dell support, they may be able to tell you about the sound issue, and to take the computer to a shop for a repair. Or pick a screwdriver, google how to open your laptop, and do it yourself.
I hope this helps! :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS