Computer keeps BSoDing with a different error code each time. Please help.

SirPaulen

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Title says about all. I built my system about 1-2 months ago, a few weeks passed and I noticed a problem. I got a blue screen. "That's no big deal," I thought. "Just a randon blue screen".
But then it repeated over and over again. I noticed no other consistencies than that it happens in the first 20 minutes from turning the pc on.
I don't know a lot about this, so here are some repeating error messages:
Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Irql_not_less_or_equal
Pagefault_in_nonpaged_area
Memory_management
I don't remember if this even exists, but I also remember seeing bad_memory_management.
I have run chkdsk r for both my drives, and the windows memory diagnostic thingy and found no problems. My drivers are also up to date.
My system:
Ryzen 5 1600
Asus 350m-a
Msi armor oc rx 480 8gb
Corsair valueselect ddr4 2133mhz
Seagate barracuda 1tb hard drive
Sandisk 120gb ssd
Corsair vengeance 550m power supply
Bitfenix comrade case
2 casefans
A dvd drive
Any issues building were probably accidentally scratching the motherboard by dropping a screw on it from 2cm high, and physical problems fitting the ram stick into the slot.

Solution
Oops! Must roll that one back now. Even after the Windows reinstall everything can cause a bsod, but only once per session. I'm starting to believe that it's somehow related to AMD graphics drivers. Memtest had passes, haven't tested prime95 or the others, but after wiping my drivers with DDU, no bsods hae occured. Only problem is, that i had to reinstall them to play games ovet 5fps. Another reason to be pointing fingers at drivers or the graphics card is, that sometimes when I'm playing, the screen goes black, audio is fine, screen freezes to black or game screen for upwards of 25 seconds. After that it's fine.
I personally do not trust Windows memory diagnostic so if you could please try using Memtest86+ and run it for 3 full passes to know if your memory is stable since 2 of those errors you mentioned are related to memory. www.memtest.org

You can also run a system file check by running a command prompt with administrator privileges and typing "SFC /scannow" and enter. This will scan you OS files and try to fix them if needed. Although I believe it is a hardware issue it does not hurt to run the scan anyways.

SirPaulen

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
New information!
I reinstalled windows, and it partially solved the problem. Only thing left is the annoying side of it, which is that it only happens in multiplayer games like LoL and overwatch. Games like the binding of isaac and the witcher 3 don't crash anymore. Anyone come up with a way to solve this side of the equation? Seriously, I am currently temp banned from overwatch for afking in too many games, when the game decides to crash and later bsod on me.

SirPaulen

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

What hardware issue could it be, then? Because a faulty component would basically be the end of the world for me, since I can't afford any new one right now.

harrysmellington

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Interesting, are you 100% sure it is only online games? If this is indeed the case, then it may be whatever you are using to connect to the internet.

It is now time to do a full stress test suite to try and track down the hardware cause of the crashing. THis may be just a bad BIOS setting causing the issue. Please run the following programs in the order listed and for the the amount of time listed.

Memtest86+ : run for 3 full passes.
Prime95 : Run on the blend test for 3 hours minimum, 12 is best but for now just run it for 3. Watch CPU temps as they will rise dramatically.
Intel Burn Test : Run this on maximum stress for 20 runs. Watch CPU temps as they will rise dramatically, Even more so than Prime95
OCCT : Run the GPU test ONLY, all other tests are not reliable, with Error checking enabled, shaders set to 7 (For AMD) and run this test for 1 hour. Do not use the PC during the test or you will get false positive errors. Watch GPU temps as they will rise dramatically.
HDDscan 3.3 : use this to read the smart sensors for your HDD/SSD's and test them if needed.

Please report back all of the results from the tests so we can move on to the nest step.

SirPaulen

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017

The Witcher 3 has now done it once, and the error messages are now about the same every time. Now they are only driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and irql_not_less_or_equal.
I use a wireless network card from tp-link with the maximun speed of 150mbps. And also just to clarify, the bsods happen only once per session. After that, the session is uninterrupted.

Next time you get a BSoD please pay attention to what is after the "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal". There is information in parentheses after this that we need to know so we can find what is causing the error/s.

Also please run the stress test suite that I mentioned above to rule out a hardware issue.

SirPaulen

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
Oops! Must roll that one back now. Even after the Windows reinstall everything can cause a bsod, but only once per session. I'm starting to believe that it's somehow related to AMD graphics drivers. Memtest had passes, haven't tested prime95 or the others, but after wiping my drivers with DDU, no bsods hae occured. Only problem is, that i had to reinstall them to play games ovet 5fps. Another reason to be pointing fingers at drivers or the graphics card is, that sometimes when I'm playing, the screen goes black, audio is fine, screen freezes to black or game screen for upwards of 25 seconds. After that it's fine.

Solution