Question Computer keeps crashing, gaming just makes it crash faster.

Feb 25, 2023
My pc keeps crashing when in a game and crashes exponentialy faster after the last. I use GPUz to monitor some reason and keep getting eithert"perfCap Reason: pwr" or "PerfCap Reason: VRel, VOp"
My pc specs:
INTEL 12900KF i9 (AIO cooled)
GIGABYTE RTX 3060 Ti Gaming OC Rev. 2.0
2tb 980 pro samsung ssd (for os and is the correct version)
motherboard: Z690 UD AX DDR4
RAM:2 packages of "CMT32GX4M2D3600C18" = 4x16GB 3600 CL18
PSU: HPV-1050GD-F14C

One thing near head off an HPV-1050GD-F14C and wondering if this PSU is reason why your games are crashing maybe because just searched internet for VRel, VOp and keep seeing comments saying voltages so am suspecting that PSU is an poor unit to run with your PC. Your specs are really good for gaming but think you should lay of gaming until you sorted this problem out because think this PSU will take out your computer if it fails only typed in google HPV-1050GD-F14C and hardly anything comes up so best advice get well known brand PSU

Last edited:

trickynick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
A few years back I had a similiar issues (PC Crashes with BSOD but wtih a general error).
It would crash within minutes of playing a game, and would crash in 30 minutes otherwise.
Took me about 1 year to fix it.

What did I do? My Mobo drivers were out of date and I updated all of them (was a hail mary) and the crashing stopped - I don't know which specific driver as I updated all at once.