Question computer keeps crashing when playing games

Apr 19, 2022
My pc keeps crashing when playing games like far cry 6, beamng drive, fivem and apex legends. I've checked my drivers and they're all up to date, I've checked my temps and all of those are fine at 40 c, I've checked the cords and theyre all fine as well. I even tried to play the same games on another gpu (amd rx 550 2gb) but then the games won't crash
So basically what happens, when i play one of the games listed above both of my screens go to black (no signal) but my cables are fine. The pc stays on but the sound will like glitch so its a loud static. when i restart my pc only the boot screen wil glitch and show artifacs over the whole screen but that will go away as soon as the log in screen appears

pc specs:
windows 11 pro 64-bit
motherboard:
Asrock B460M PRO4
cpu:
intel core i3-10100f
ram:
corsair ddr4 lpx 2x8gb 3200 c16
gpu:
amd radeon rx 5500 xt oc 4gb
psu:
gigabyte gp-p650b 650w

Apr 19, 2022
How old is that Gigabyte 650 W PSU? History of heavy gaming use?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may be capturing some error codes related to the crashes and other glitches.
the psu is about 1 year old and ive checked the relieability history and event viewer and both just show that windows wasnt shut down correctly

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: history of heavy gaming use. Any overclocking?

Any specific error codes or warnings associated with those shutdowns?

Do the following:

First, as you always should be doing anyway, ensure that all important data is backed up at least 2 x to locations off away from the computer. Verify that the backed up data is recoverable and readable.

Then power down, unplug, and open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for any signs of damage: bare conductor showing, melted insulation, browned or blackened components, swollen components, pinched or kinked wires, screws coming loose, etc..

Hopefully the improper shutdowns are just a loose connection or component. And nothing damaged.

As I understand your posts there are no problems if a different GPU is used.

If the problems continue then the GPU is suspect. Additional troubleshooting will be needed.