[SOLVED] computer keeps crashing

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
after an hour or two of having the computer on it will crash and immediately restart on its own. my gpu is hotter than normal at 47-48 celsius instead of usual 35, that's the only thing i can think of but also i just updated the driver for the card to a 2020 version (gigabyte radeon rx 5700 xt)

Solution
i wouldn't spend two cents on a new psu just yet just because someone dosent like your particular psu choice...i would reset the bios and leave everything stock and try testing particular componets like ram, the gpu driver thing is another potential issue esp because amd gpus and their software are known for having issues where it will work and the update will break the card....also i think what could be happening could potentially be a cooling issue. like the cpu getting to hot and turning the pc off
Aug 22, 2019
i wouldn't spend two cents on a new psu just yet just because someone dosent like your particular psu choice...i would reset the bios and leave everything stock and try testing particular componets like ram, the gpu driver thing is another potential issue esp because amd gpus and their software are known for having issues where it will work and the update will break the card....also i think what could be happening could potentially be a cooling issue. like the cpu getting to hot and turning the pc off

Solution

Orinay

Reputable
Aug 16, 2020
after updating my drivers on my graphics card (patch notes said it fixed issue where switching between applications could cause a crash) the problem is fixed and haven't had crashes since