Question Computer Keeps Freezes and Restarting

Jan 31, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm back here again with a brand new issue with my PC.

Last time I was here, I had an issue where my computer would keep BSODing on me at random times whenever I did anything (or even nothing) with my PC.
Back then, I found out that it was a hardware issue causing my PC to give me issues, more specifically my CPU, which I replaced shortly after I found the culprit, and since then everything was working fine.

But now today I have a new issue with my PC. Whenever I use any program that uses video, my PC screen and audio will randomly freeze/buzz, and then restart itself. That's it. No BSOD shows up on screen. No errors show up on the minidump, no useful messages in the Event Viewer. It just... freezes and restarts.

I have no idea what's causing this and no idea where to begin for troubling shooting. So far I have tried cleaning out my PC case, re-seating the GPU and Memory, but that's about it.
If anyone could help me with my issue, I would be grateful.

What I have done so far:

Updated my Windows 10 and windows drivers to their latest versions
Ran Windows Defender and Malewarebytes for any viruses, adware, maleware, etc.
Ran windows disk error check
ran "sfc /scannow" command twice (it found some issues and repaired them)
Properly uninstalled and reinstalled my GPU drivers using DDU
Opened up my PC case and cleaned out my PC of dust, as well as removed and re-seated my GPU and RAM sticks

PC Specs:

Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i9 @ 3.60GHz 30 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
32.0GB
Motherboard
Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B17) (U3E1) 32 °C
Graphics
AORUS AD27QD (2560x1440@59Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (MSI) 30 °C
Storage
476GB INTEL SSDPEKNW512G8 (Unknown (SSD))
232GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 25 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FALS-00Y6A0 (SATA ) 34 °C
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA ) 28 °C
931GB Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
EVGA 850 GQ PSU
It's roughly over a year and 4 months old.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, but I'm also using a battery backup from CyberPower
CyberPower PFC Sinewave ( CP1500PFCLCD ) Pure Sine Wave

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
Small update, but it's been a few days since the freezing and resets have happened, but it's actually been two days straight and I haven't had any issues since then.
As Colif suggests, though... I do believe that perhaps it is a PSU issue because I have been using up a lot of USB slots for various devices including my Mouse and Keybard, an RGB Mouse Pad, a 6 port USB hub (although this is powered separately), and USB 2 port connected by my PC Monitor. Perhaps that's one too many USB powered items that I'm wearing down onto my PSU along with all the internal devices so I unplugged a few things and everything seems fine. Will report again if I have issues once more.

EDIT: As of monday morning, my computer froze and reset itself again while I was playing a game on my PC (Genshin Impact, to be specific)
Not only that, but a few minutes from me trying to post this message, the computer froze and got hung up at the boot screen, and I was only able to get my PC to start up again by doing a manual reset.
At the moment, I have every device unplugged from my PC except the bare essentials, so with this I'm going to see if anything changes.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020
Last night, I experienced several freezes and resets, one after another. The issue persists despite having all unnecessary devices unplugged.
One time when I was watching a YouTube video, my computer screen froze up for a moment, but the sound kept playing and the computer was still technically operable, but because of the frozen screen I had to do a manual reset.
So after looking up some more details, a few topics suggest that either my GPU is messing up or my PSU is. I am not sure which one it could be or how to go about testing, since I sadly don't have a spare GPU or PSU to swap things out with.
Any ideas?