Computer keeps freezing randomly

Stalker2400

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
So I have the issue of my computer randomly freezing whether its when playing a video game or even browsing...just freezes can't press anything or move mouse plus audio loops.
After freeze if i restart it will also freeze in bios or when booting in general...
I had this issue couple months ago and what fixed it was removing Overclock on both CPU and GPU. But the issue occured again. The only thing that fixes me booting up normally and not freezing is removing one of the RAMs.
I did memtests and memory diagnose and no error whatsoever if I remove one RAM and boot up then shut down put the 2nd RAM it will boot up fine but will eventually freeze at some point.

Specs:
Win 10 latest version
CPU: i5 6500 3.2ghz
GPU: GTX 780 3gb
RAM: Gskill RIPJAWS V 2x4GB DDR4 2400MHZ

I am going to upgrade my cpu and change motherboard I don't know if that will fix the problem but will update here if anything.

PuperHacker

Honorable
In the beginning in sounded like a faulty PSU, but now I believe that one RAM stick could be faulty. Try every combination with the two sticks and run the system solely with the one that is causing the problem. If the problem persists with only one RAM stick inducing the freezes, you should RMA it. Is Intel XMP enabled?

Stalker2400

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

I did all combinations, even tried the faulty one separate on memtest86 and it froze after 1 sec of testing.
I am buying new cpu and mobo so if it works and not freeze maybe I won't have to use the waranty on the RAM
but this issue is so random like I can still use both sometimes and play games like Battlefield 1 were i use like 7gigs so will see and report back.

TRENDING THREADS