Computer Keeps Freezing (Requires Hard Reset)

Lahogoni

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
Recently my computer has been freezing randomly. It happens mostly when I'm running a game of some sort, or when I idle. I believe it may be a power problem but could be a hardware problem, I'm not really sure. How can I diagnose this problem?
specs:
AMD 9590
Gtx 970
PSU 600W
Ram 32 gb

Solution
You need to add more details per your systems specs.

CPU: 9590
Mobo: (motherboard make and model)
RAM: 4x8GB ?
GPU: GTX970
SSD/HDD:
PSU: Make and model of 600W unit

Have you diagnosed that it isn't a heating issue? Have you updated your BIOS prior to moving to Windows 10? On account of Windows 10, is this installation a clean installation or availed from an upgrade path? If an upgrade what was your prior OS?

You can try and perform
sfc / scannow
repair install

but we will need you to get back with your systems specs and if possible include any wireless networking adapters you use into the itinerary. These sort of freezing issues can result from a conflict between devices and drivers, sometimes with bad PSU's...

Lutfij

Titan
You need to add more details per your systems specs.

CPU: 9590
Mobo: (motherboard make and model)
RAM: 4x8GB ?
GPU: GTX970
SSD/HDD:
PSU: Make and model of 600W unit

Have you diagnosed that it isn't a heating issue? Have you updated your BIOS prior to moving to Windows 10? On account of Windows 10, is this installation a clean installation or availed from an upgrade path? If an upgrade what was your prior OS?

You can try and perform
sfc / scannow
repair install

but we will need you to get back with your systems specs and if possible include any wireless networking adapters you use into the itinerary. These sort of freezing issues can result from a conflict between devices and drivers, sometimes with bad PSU's and sometimes with faulty or failing memory. Run memtest86+ for at least 5 passes to rule out your rams are in good order.

Solution