Computer keeps freezing up (Out of ideas)

addyal

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
Hey guys, first off I hope this is in the right part of the forum!

I'd also like to say that I have checked everything I can on here, I've ran memtest, checked my temps etc. Even gone as far as getting both a new GPU and CPU cooler. However I'm still freezing!

Basically it will happen randomly where the screen locks up and nothing responds (Keyboard). It can do it at any point and may go for days without. It does happen more when running games however, again temps are all ok (high 40's) and nothing is going in full overdrive. All drivers are up to date as well :/

Anyone have any ideas? I'm at a point where I can't think of anything else to try!

Solution
I had this problem to. Nothing was responding as well. It all started when i upgraded to windows 10. So what i did was asked on tomshardware too and got the reply to downgrade to windows 8.1 again. This was the best option for me. Hope this works for you.

chilly2468

Reputable
Oct 27, 2015
sounds similar to a problem my computer still has :(
However, I have a hunch the problem has something to do with either the motherboard or the drives. That being said have you tried swapping the psu?

l_man2012

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
I had this problem to. Nothing was responding as well. It all started when i upgraded to windows 10. So what i did was asked on tomshardware too and got the reply to downgrade to windows 8.1 again. This was the best option for me. Hope this works for you.

Solution