Computer keeps freezing

Relentlessmusic

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
For a while now my computer will start to slow down, like it's no longer receiving information from the hard-drive. videos will get pixelated for a second, or a game will slow down. Then sometimes it comes back just fine, or it'll get slower until it stops and my computers frozen.

I was thinking it would be the hard drive, but this issue carried over from my old hdd to my new one. My old one wasn't even very old, which has me thinking its not the hdd but i don't have a clue what's wrong.

Hi there Relentlessmusic,

As you suspected that your HDD was causing this, and the issue persists even after replacing it, it may be a good idea to attach the HDD with different cables(both SATA and power ones) to a different SATA port.

If this does not sort the things out, you can go to Resource Monitor when your system slows down and see whether there is something abnormal over there(like high usage of something).

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Relentlessmusic

Reputable
Sep 22, 2015
I've tried different cables, and different ports on my motherboard. It is a fairly new motherboard, so I wasn't thinking it would be that. This problem also happened on my old motherboard before I replaced it. I tried using resource moniter and it does show that hdd won't be used for a couple of seconds, which is when my tv shows/ games will lag for a second, then it kicks back in and everything is working fine again.