Computer keeps freezing

Sep 25, 2018
hey, so my pc keeps crashing, sometimes i will get a blue screen with a code on it but most of the time it will just freeze and not even post a dump file.
Error-
On Sat 9/02/2019 3:02:06 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020919-9234-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1AA0A0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xC0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80346941EB6)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

Dump file- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oyk3CXUXT-n7bh_eFPVeXeumJ8ZU_fdZ

any help and ill love you

Desktop/
CPU: if 6600k OC 4.1ghz
Motherboard: Asrock fatal1ty k6
RAM: (2x) 2x4 gb Kingston HyperX Fury
GPU: Gtx 970
HDD: 960 evo ssd

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Do these freezes and crashes happen out of the blue and randomly and when system is idle?

Or when you launch or are running a software such as a game maybe?

That IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL usually happens when some software or code tries to access a memory address at a level (Interrupt Request Level) that is too high. The NT Kernal being involved might suggests a problem with a driver as drivers can communicate with OS at kernel level.

Maybe the software/code/game which is causing the freezes/crashest has a conflict with a driver or something like that.

I don't have access to my system with debugging kit/apps to check the dump right now. I'll check them later.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
I had a chance to check the dump file and this is the result (I have made it shorter than the actual output):

• Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000000c0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80346941eb6, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiChooseTargetProcessor+a6
fffff803`46941eb6 4d8b95c0000000 mov r10,qword ptr [r13+0C0h]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: r5apex.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80346a5ec69 to fffff80346a4e0a0

The process that caused the BSOD (maybe in conflict with a driver) is r5apex.exe. Is this a game executive file? Maybe Apex Legends? I've seen other people complain about this game these days and in a few other threads on the forums here. This being the common point, it might mean there's something wrong with the game code or the way the graphics driver is optimized for it and if that's the case they'd be notified and will patch it.

Another point is (according to BSOD parameters -2 ) this happened during IRQL 2 or kind of at dispatch level and parameter 3 says it's 0x1 so it might be a problem of writing data to RAM. This is in line with Calvin7's point that if you're mixing RAM that did no come in a pack of four (tested and guaranteed to work together by the manufacturer) it might be a case of your RAM modules not working properly together.

If you keep getting this error while playing this game use only either of two modules that came together in a pack and see what happens. You can find which by looking at part numbers or if visible the markings on the chips.