Computer keeps getting disconnected from Google DNS server and internet, it doesn't happen to other computers

pyishan

Reputable
Aug 22, 2014
This problem has been going on for quite a while. My computer keeps on disconnecting from the google DNS server but after a while it reconnects. I've tried many ways to solve this problem but it still persists. Sometimes when I am playing Dota 2 and other games the internet will just stop working or my ping will go up to about 1000. I am using wifi at my house and this problem doesn't happen to other people. My friend recently came over and played Dota 2 online with me. While i kept getting disconnected from the server he was fine and his ping remained stable. First I though this was a router problem so I checked the router. I believe that this maybe caused by an error in my computer settings.

BuddhaSkoota

Admirable

I'd recommend testing your computer with a wired connection to see if the same problem occurs.

If you have a stable wired connection. try updating the wireless adapter driver and router firmware.

The problem may also be a failing wireless adapter.