Question Computer keeps going to sleep

Nov 5, 2022
Im running into some weird computer behavior. The other night my computer went to sleep while gaming. I turned it in today and 10 min later it went to sleep again. My power setting at set to never going to sleep or shutting down. I bought a new PSU that will be here tomorrow but I’m starting to wonder if it’s something else. Any ideas? The monitor goes black and can’t wake the computer back up. I turn on the on the monitor and ASUS logo pops up then turns back off. I have to shut down then restart.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
please include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Nov 5, 2022
Ryzen 7 2700X
Asus ROG Crosshair VII (wifi)
Corsair 32GB Ram
1tb SSD/1tb HDD
GTX Geforce 1070
Corsair 650W
I don't down what chasis means (maybe ATX is the size of the tower) is that what what you are referring to?
Windows 10pro
AsusVG275Q gaming monitor
PSU is 7yrs old

I just purchased a Enermax 750W

Part of me was wondering PSU because I have never had a problem shutting my PC completely down but over the past month when I did shut down the RGB lights would stay on the motherboard even after flicking the switch on the back of the PSU. Only way to completed shut down is by doing the shut down on windows and then unplugging from the wall. The other night I was playing my game and the screen went black. I could hear for about 10 seconds the game in the background and when I pressed any key I could hear it, then the computer shut it down with still the RGB lights on the motherboard. Today I had just logged into windows and I stepped away for about 10 minutes and when I cam back the monitor was black but PC was still on. I was able this time to turn the power back on the monitor and it came back but last time I couldn't then the computer shut itself down.