Computer Keeps Rebooting After Cooler Upgrade!!!--Please Help!

camilomacaya654

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
I'm not sure what is happening, but I had a faulty H60--the pump. I Upgraded to an H80i V2 and now the computer keeps rebooting.

I was able to login once and I clicked on speccy to see if everything was being recognized and then it rebooted. It lasted less than 20 seconds logged in.

I am able to go into the BIOS with no problem. And it seems to recognize everything.

I reapplied the thermal paste to make sure it was not overheating--I thought maybe I had messed up the thermal paste on initial installation. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's wrong.

My build is as follows:

ASUS Z87-K
i7 4770k
16 GB DDR3 ram (2x8)
GTX 1060 GB
900w Apevia PS ATX-AP900W
H80i V2

Lutfij

Titan
1| That PSU gives me the vibe that it's the culprit.

2| Have you made sure your CPU cooler is installed without the backplate pushing too hard on the motherboard? Perhaps inspect the backplate and see if loosening the screws helps.

3| What case are you working with?

4| Did you make sure the CPU_FAN header is connected while the pump is powered by the SATA power connector?

camilomacaya654

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

Currently I'm running a Memtest86 on a USB just to make sure it's not the RAM. So far no errors on 3/4 tests. What makes you think it's the PSU, does that brand fail often?

I'll try to loosen the backplate screws although doubt it's that. I think I remember hand screwing those.

This cooler seems to only come with a CPU fan cable. The waterblock has three cables. Two that connect to the fans, and one that connects to the CPU FAN slot.

As for the case, I will have to get back to you on that. I had bought this rig on ebay three years back on auction, and I cannot remember the name of the case. Tomorrow when I get back from work, I shall check.

Thanks for the reply, I shall try your solutions and see what happens.