Computer keeps rebooting after overclock

bytron2007

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
So I overclocked my amdfx6300 to 4.1gig and I was playing hunt showdown and it froze. Restarted the computer now it is stuck in a reboot loop and windows will not load. I swapped hard drives with another os windows 7 and does the same thing. Except with that hard drive I can see a blue screen which says rebooting to not cause damage or something. Did I fry my cpu? What’s the problem? Please help

Solution

With my experience with bad ram you usually just get straight freezing, not reboot loops. Anything is possible though. You can try one stick at a time for booting and see what happens.

codygriffy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013
Need to know ALL of your computer parts as far as. GPU/MOBO/PSU/RAM and you should be able to reset oc to default speed by resetting the jumper on your mobo.

If you reset by CMOS. POWER OFF, UNPLUG POWER CABLE. Then refer to diagram. You should have a small jumper that fits over 1 and 2 of the 3 prongs. Remove and wait 5 secs. Place on 2 and 3 prong, and wait 15 seconds. Then remove and place back on 1 and 2 prong. Power cable in. Power button back on. Turn on system and you should be able to get back into BIOS.

CMOS DIAGRAM: https://s9.postimg.org/wxrfspj9r/clear-cmos-passwork-by-jumper_zps8mxzzcre.jpg

codygriffy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013

Try pressing F8 and see if you can boot into safe mode at least. If you have your windows CD or USB installer, go ahead try to use a Repair Tool to fix the boot problem. I do not think you fried your CPU.

codygriffy

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2013

With my experience with bad ram you usually just get straight freezing, not reboot loops. Anything is possible though. You can try one stick at a time for booting and see what happens.

Solution