Computer keeps rebooting

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
My computer keeps rebooting after it has loaded onto Windows if I try using chrome it will load but the computer will reboot as soon as I started loading web pages. And then won't even load Windows after it had rebooted I just have to leave my computer off until the next day. It's a new computer I built in December last year and the problems started about 3-4 months ago it started of that it would only reboot when playing games then got worse and at one point I had to restrict my cpu to 50% and it would work fine but I have replace the thermal compound that didn't do to much difference only when I first did it. I sent my power supply back to were I got it they ran test and said that it was fine. Any ideas on what the problem is would be nice thanks.

Solution

Try doing the opposite, keep your CPU at 100% (min and max) and same with GPU. If it crashes there, you might have heat/high load power issues. If it doesn't, you likely have transient response related PSU failure

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Like I said I sent my psu back to were I got it and they said that it came back to me and said that it was fine and working well.

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
master cooler 550 semi modular

Which one? There's about a dozen models from cooler master (not master cooler) that are 550W. If it actually says "master cooler", there's your problem! Cooler Master isn't exactly the best company, they tend to use relatively old platforms from second tier OEMs, and worse in their older units

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Sorrya its cooler master 550w semi modular

That should be : https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/V550S/5.html

Not a particularly good unit, but good enough that your system should be fine if the diagnostics say it's fine.

Try running the following tests:
1) Memory diagnostics with memtest86 and testing each memory stick separately (if the reboot issue is repeatable, testing sticks and seeing if one or more doesn't crash is usually what you want to do first)
2) Use Edge or Firefox on the same pages that crash chrome
3) Use linux livedisk with chrome

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

I ran memtest86 and came back with no errors using edge it still crashed but I have managed to use my computer by putting the cpu to only 65% performance and I can even manage to run games without it crashing and I am yet to try using the Linux

Try doing the opposite, keep your CPU at 100% (min and max) and same with GPU. If it crashes there, you might have heat/high load power issues. If it doesn't, you likely have transient response related PSU failure

Solution

Sam_120

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
When I put my cpu to 100% will last 5 mins max but will crash even if I leave it idel for 5 mins it will crash and when it reboots it hoes into a bootloop I have checked temps and they are always fine in mid 30s when I am just surfing the web

You'll need to check more than your core temps. Download a proper temperature recording tool and monitor CPU and VRM temps.