Question Computer keeps restarting after opening certain applications

leo_2187

Reputable
May 30, 2017
My friend has recently built his computer and whenever he opens certain applications his computer completely resets. These applications range from Apex legends, Amazon movies, World Of Warships, and Totally Accurate Battlegrounds. There were other games that he opened that had no effect though, the ones that didn't crash were csgo, aim lab, phasmaphobia, portal 2, sea of thieves, splitgate, and rainbow six siege. He swapped his ram, motherboard, GPU, CPU, and Power Supply. The only thing he hasn't changed is his 1 tb hard drive he got from micro center. If you guys can think of anything that he can do/change or swap out, any advice would be appreciated.
His current set-up is
CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU - RTX 3050
RAM - Patriot PSD44G266682B 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR4 2666MHz
PSU - 700W 80+
HARD DRIVE - Hitachi 1tb

Do you know what BIOS the motherboard is currently running? Did he do a clean install of windows when he swapped his motherboard? Also, his RAM at only 8GB running at 2666MHz is painfully slow for a Ryzen cpu which I imagine is impacting on his system, Ryzen's love faster RAM, 3200-3600MHz is generally the sweet spot and 16GB minimum. What is the exact make and model of his PSU?

leo_2187

Reputable
May 30, 2017
Sorry for a really late respond but I have updates, he recently swapped his PSU for a EVGA 850W Gold, he did this because he took his computer to micro center to get it diagnosed. The guy texted him back saying that it was the hard drive, we don’t think this is the problem because we have swapped the hard drive 3 different times. As he went to go pick up his pc an employee told him it could be his case (ibuypower snowblind) that could be taking more power and could be the reason that his computer is restarting when he opens intensive applications. He went ahead and bout the psu along with more better RAM that is 2X8 GB 3600 vengeance, He tried running the computer with these new internals but sadly his computer still crashed and ended up rebooting. One problem that his computer persists on is when he boots up his computer and goes into the bios settings his computer reads the RAM as 2133 and when he changes that and tries to boot up his computer, he gets an error code on his motherboard that reads either 6O or dO.