Computer keeps restarting; New pc

Lmf669

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
I recently built a new computer and when I turned it on, fans are going but shuts down and restarts after several seconds.

Specs: GTX 960, Thermaltake 650W, hyperx fury 8gb of ram, GA-H170M-D3H mobo, and i5 6600k

I would like to note that I built this computer because of a power surge that fucked up my previous comp and I'm recycling the harddrive from it.

How do I fix this? :-(

Solution
i had the same issue when i built my latest pc around a month ago and it turned out to be a dead stick of ram i had bought and installed which made my computer constantly re-boot without showing a signal to my screen. if you have more than one stick of ram i would try installing them and trying to boot your pc with each individual stick. worth a shot....hope you get it sorted

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
i had the same issue when i built my latest pc around a month ago and it turned out to be a dead stick of ram i had bought and installed which made my computer constantly re-boot without showing a signal to my screen. if you have more than one stick of ram i would try installing them and trying to boot your pc with each individual stick. worth a shot....hope you get it sorted

Solution

RobCherry

Reputable
May 18, 2014
ok i really hope its something as simple as that, i was scratching my head for hours looking for dead-shorts from my mobo and case ect then came across a forum which someone said a dead stick of ram caused his to do the same. have you checked your case for shorts between anything touching your mobo and case, all cables ect seem to be seated correctly