[SOLVED] Computer keeps restarting when I try to install Windows via USB

Grenthell

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Greetings!

I want to install Windows 10 on a rather old machine. I have a USB with Windows 10 on it (used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool). Whenever I plug in the USB and try to boot up the computer it just keeps on restarting (it doesn't even let me open the BIOS). I used the exact same USB to install Windows on another computer a week ago so I know it works. The computer I'm trying to install it on has Ubuntu and boots up without any issues if I unplug the USB. Do you have any ideas what may be causing this?

Solution
Give PC specs make/ model. There should only be a single target drive attached to PC when installing Windows and make the usb is first in the BIOS boot order. First I would try another USB port. You may also want to try another USB; I know your current USB has worked before, but some PCs can be finicky about which USB they will boot from
Give PC specs make/ model. There should only be a single target drive attached to PC when installing Windows and make the usb is first in the BIOS boot order. First I would try another USB port. You may also want to try another USB; I know your current USB has worked before, but some PCs can be finicky about which USB they will boot from

Solution