Question Computer keeps restarting when playing certain games

Jul 20, 2022
Hi Guys,

Since a few weeks my computer keeps restarting on its own when i play games like warzone or pubg. I allready cleaned the pc from all dust and i believe all the fans are working correctly. I watched the tempratures with HW monitor but nothing seems to be getting to hot. I also tried all the basic solutions i could find on the internet, like updating GPU drivers, turning of things in windows etc. but nothing seems to work. I should be able to play all these games with this P.C. cause i used to and never had any problems whatsoever.
When playing games like hearstone or just watching streams, the pc works just fine.
Could you please help me fixing the problem?

I got a Medion P.C. with:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz
16,0 GB of ram
windows 10
NVidia Geforce GTX 970

If you need any other specs let me know (i am not a computer pro, so if you could let me know where to find those specs that would be awesome)

Jul 20, 2022
I am not sure where i can find my PSU. It the same PSU from when i bought the PC and everything was working fine. By the way i just tried to do a 3dmark benchmark and right away the pc shut down again. So i am thinking more and more that is maybe is my Videocard.

edit: i just found my PSU its a HEC-450TC-4WEM

Last edited:
I am not sure where i can find my PSU. It the same PSU from when i bought the PC and everything was working fine. By the way i just tried to do a 3dmark benchmark and right away the pc shut down again. So i am thinking more and more that is maybe is my Videocard.

edit: i just found my PSU its a HEC-450TC-4WEM
Ah, okay. There is your issue. It's not a great PSU, but given it's age, and doesn't even provide the recommended wattage on the 12v rail.

To be sure, bring your PC to a local repair store. Get them to swap out the PSU and test it. Then you will know.

If you have a budget we can then recommend a replacement.

Jul 20, 2022
Thanks for your reply!

The story gets even better, i actually brought my computer to a local repair store. They ran a benchmark for over 4 hours and nothing happend. So they cleaned it for me and i took it home again. Back at home i ran the exact same benchmark and after 2 seconden the pc rebooted again.

Only thing that is different with the store are my screens. So i checked the screens one by one and rebooting kept happening.

Then i even changed the outlet socket of my electricity and the problem still exist.

I am so confused right now... Anyway the store told me they ordered a new PSU which i am going to try tomorrow, but its still very strange that when they ran the benchmark in the shop nothing happend.

ASK THE COMMUNITY