Question Computer keeps shutting abruptly only while in a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Just Wanna play LoL

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hello Guys,

I've been recently experiencing issues with a relatively new pc (3 Months old) seemingly out of nowhere. The issue began with me trying to play halo infinite and experiencing bugs splats on the game and because of that I decided to update my graphics card drivers to fix it. It did not in fact fix it but instead made it worse. I've tried two games (Apex Legends and Halo Infinite) since updating the drivers and on both of them my computer just turns off abruptly.

To add additional context and hopefully some clarity to narrow down the issue. The computer does not shut down on start up of the games or anything like that, it has shut off on me with just being at the main menu for like 15 mins and 3 times while within the game actually playing which can range from 10 to 20 mins. When the games launch and run there is no peculiar behavior whatsoever that I can notice from before when it was working fine and now after updating the graphics driver. When the computer shuts off abruptly it does not restart on it's own or when I press the power button. I instead have to flip the switch on the power supply in the back of the pc before being able to turn the computer back on from power button. Another weird thing is that the computer only turns off within a game. I continued to use the same computer and had it on doing my work and schoolwork with no issue whatsoever the first day I encountered the issue immediately after all throughtout the night and even left it on. When I went to the event viewer to see what the issue was I noticed an error around the time it kept turning off that was something along the lines of "ati.flash error graphics card driver could not be found"

The next day, I took it to a local computer shop where I had it built. I asked them to clean it, have an exhaust fan added, reapply thermal paste to the cpu to eliminate any possibility of it overheating. He ran his diagnostic tests on the computer before doing all this and told me the machine was not running hot but had noticed the same graphics card driver error that I did before I brought it in. He suggested to have a clean install of windows since I let him know that the issue only began after I updated the drivers. I had all of what I mentioned done on the computer.

I am here today with the same the issue and a new error then the one before of "Event 41 Kernel Power: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
I am typing this on the same computer that seemingly only shuts off when within a game. I have no clue where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900x
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming x670e-plus wifi
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X5 Series 32Gb (2x16) [Speed at 5600]
CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Video Card: Power Color AMD Radeon 7900XT
Power Supply: Corsair HXi Series HX1000i 80 PLUS Platinum Fully Modular Ultra-Low Noise ATX Power Supply
Hard drive(s): Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 and Crucial MX500 1TB Internal Sata
Operating System: Windows 10
Case: Phanteks Eclipse G500A
Other Parts: Logitech Superlight Mouse, Blue Yeti Nano Mic, Razer Blackwidow keyboard

Lutfij

Titan
I've been recently experiencing issues with a relatively new pc (3 Months old) seemingly out of nowhere.
Was the OS recycled from an older build or was the OS installed from scratch?

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're on for your motherboard? As for our platform/OS, can you check and see if there's anything being flagged in Device Manager with error(s)?

Video Card: Power Color AMD Radeon 7900XT
Could you pass on a link to the GPU you have?

I decided to update my graphics card drivers to fix it
Did you use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers prior to installing the latest driver sourced from AMD's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

I Just Wanna play LoL

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
Hello Lutfij

I am not that computer savvy but looked up how to find the bios version and came up with this: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0821, 11/15/2022
As for the device manager being with errors, The only one I could find is a yellow warning sign on my generic bluetooth adapter

Video Card Link

I didn't use DDU when I uninstalled the graphics drivers previously.

Nov 2, 2023
""""To add additional context and hopefully some clarity to narrow down the issue. The computer does not shut down on start up of the games or anything like that, it has shut off on me with just being at the main menu for like 15 mins and 3 times while within the game actually playing which can range from 10 to 20 mins. When the games launch and run there is no peculiar behavior whatsoever that I can notice from before when it was working fine and now after updating the graphics driver. When the computer shuts off abruptly it does not restart on it's own or when I press the power button. I instead have to flip the switch on the power supply in the back of the pc before being able to turn the computer back on from power button.""""

exactly this is happening to my pc as well, i just got it last week and it shuts down while playing halo infinite all other games work fine some with micro stutters but that's because of my cpu(it's low end), did you get your issue fixed?? and can you please tell me the source of the problem if you did.

thanks

exactly this is happening to my pc as well, i just got it last week and it shuts down while playing halo infinite all other games work fine some with micro stutters but that's because of my cpu(it's low end), did you get your issue fixed?? and can you please tell me the source of the problem if you did.

thanks

You have posted on an old, dead thread 6 months old, which is unlikely to get you the help you need.
Please start a new thread.

This thread is now closed.

Reactions: kvara_9
Status
Not open for further replies.