Computer Keeps Shutting Off

moneybaggerz

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
Hi, i am new here and was told this was a good site to find some help. Well I have, like a lot of pc gamers, been buying a lot of games in the steam summer sale. I have tried to play these games but every time I launch one of them up, it runs fine for a good 5-10 minutes but then all of a sudden my whole entire computer turns off then immediately turns on, like it was restarted or something. Now this doesn't happen for all of the games i have, games like League of Legends or Counter-Strike i have no problem with, but most recent games like Civ 5 or Assassins creed, i get into the game for about 5-10 mins and it just shuts off. I have run an anti-virus software and nothing has come up, have cleared out malware and still i have no idea. I am running a quad core and all the temperatures on the cores are just fine, hovering around 30-40 degrees. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

moneybaggerz

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
And also, i have the up to date DirectX level, i am running a Intel Core i-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz. The video card i am running is a GeForce GTX 560 Ti. 4 gigs of Ram, and my power supply is 600 watts

What brand/model PSU is that 600W? Just curious. If a game puts a large load on your system and it can't handle it, it will reboot. I've seen that. Also, do you have an OC on your video card at all. It could be an unstable overclock. I've had cards OCed that were fine for several games, then I come across one that just isn't stable at that clock. Just tossing out ideas. I don't think it's a virus issues, sounds like a power issue.

moneybaggerz

Honorable
Jul 21, 2012
I play a new game and after about 5-10 mins, usually, my computer just completely shuts off then turns itself on again, pretty much like a restart. This only happens with newer games, older ones like League of Legends or Counter-Strike i don't have any problems.

That was very interesting. Makes you really want to point the finger at the power supply. It's very likely this is the issue. If the game really hits the CPU and GPU it could cause a load the PSU can't handle and resets.

TRENDING THREADS