Computer lag really bad, plz help me

mikkeldbb

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
So my computer run games really fine, until a point where it drops to 0-10 fps and then i have to turn the computer off manually. The sound begin to get really scratchy and annoying and i dont know what to do to fix it. Any solutions??

My spec:
Intel Core I5-4690K overclocked to 4x4.0GHz
Asus Maximus VII Ranger motherboard (ROG Serie)
Kingston 16GB DDR3-2133 HyperX Beast-series

Asus GeForce GTX 980 STRIX OC 4GB graphiccard
Asus ROG SupremeFX 2014 sound (Sonic Radar II)
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Solid State Disk

Edit: this mostly happens when i run big games as WoW, HOTS on max Graphics and sometimes it happens when i watch twitch streams which is really annoying.

mikkeldbb

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
I have monitor the temperatur, even tho the temperatur start at 33 Celcius, and then i start a game it sometimes gets laggy after just 10 mins, and the temperatur is just 39 Celcius I use antec grid to monitor temperatur

lets do some basics to make sure 'under the hood' is as we expected first turn off ALL OCing.

Did you install all Windows Updates? Including OPTIONAL except BING? Check them and repeat till ALL are installed.

Download and run Slim Drivers, install all the latest updates but you don't need to reboot until you do the last update

Go to www.filehippo.com, download Malwarebytes, go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT, and AntiVirus doesn't pick up alot of malware) - this resolved almost ALL other similiar posts to date as most had Malware the AV didn't pick up.

Remove whatever AV your using and download AVIRA, AVG, Comodo or Panda go to CUSTOM Scan and set it to do a full system scan (by DEFAULT IT DOESN"T DO THAT) - this repeatedly has resolved alot of people issue relying on MS Essentials.

Repeat the AV/Malware scans till the system comes up clean.

Download and run SPECCY, copy and paste the first tab to show your idle temps

Download AUTORUNS and turn off anything NOT critical on startup, so you don't need to run JAVAScheduler to check for Java updates everytime you start your computer for example. BE CAREFUL AND KNOW WHAT YOUR TURNING OFF BEFORE YOU DO IT.

Download and run MSI Afterburner, in the settings turn ON OSD, then go through and SET the stuff to 'watch' by enabling them in OSD (On Screen Display)
Now run some of the games that run poor, what temps are you getting when underload as compared to what you posted?
With MSI Afterburner Do you see anything funny that the CPU or other parts are maxing out (we are testing here not trying to WIN at the games, so if your screen is filled with readouts then just deal as we are just observing).
Do you see this problem when in SOLO MODE? Only when Multiplayer?
Check all the games you listed, and provide if there they ALL or just SOME are having this issue?

Open Computer, Can Air dust out the bunnies and use paint brush on the vents, coolers, fans, etc.

Go through and provide a response on each point, don't SKIP IT because "I ALREADY DID IT" , just try doing it again as of THIS post so we know NOW what is happening as compared to BEFORE you posted.

They are not OC'd right off, they are 'confirmed capable' of being OC'd. Usually you would have the INCLUDED SOFTWARE and INSTRUCTIONS to walk you through how to SET THE OC properly. If you just 'plugged it in ' and 'clicked through' the install then you probably have it on defaults. Again you have to READ THE MANUAL / Help file to walk you through if you are 'clueless' . Would be the FIRST STEP to make sure we don't get 'false' results because the OCing is INCORRECT (high probability for many people).

mikkeldbb

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Problem is that i dont know how to turn off the OC, because i bought everything on the internet already overclocked from a shop that expertise with pc's.

Edit:
If you could guide me to help turn off the OC i would be thankful

Well either look it up by visiting the website, downloading and READING the PDF manuals, OR take this computer to a IT Repair shop for them to help you. We are getting itno HIGHLY TECHNICAL aspects here and if you have no clue because you just "bought everything on the Internet" there isn't much we can help with. You are on your own doing all this, and may be beyond your ability.