whuntoon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I am getting lag and can't understand why. I get lag from opening games like League of Legends as well as just opening a browser. It seems that everything that uses flash or anything with more than a few images takes anywhere from 10-20 sec to load. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash. It seems when I have reinstalled my browsers that everything runs fine for the first day then the next day its back to lagging everything up again. Not sure if this is hardware related or software related.

My specs
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5Ghz
Graphics card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 550 Ti
Ram: 4g DDR2
Windows 7 (x64)

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
Sounds like you are talking about the internet, or internet related tasks. Have you ran a speed test both when you think it is working and when its not working?

Lag is an opinion, while I have no doubt that you are experiencing some kind of lag, it is hard for anyone to help without something concrete to go on.

whuntoon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I have run the internet on both my laptop and my desktop. My laptop has no lag with the browsers whatsoever and loads pages in like 2 or 3 sec my laptop is running on a dual core 2.2ghz processor with intel chip series graphics . So I do not think that it is the internet unless its my D-Link adapter could this be the issue, I mean its brand new only bought it 3 weeks ago.

whuntoon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I just ran a speed test while switching between tabs and opening browsers. my ping was 26ms download speed 88.5mps and upload speed 4 mbps . not sure what the average would be or if this helps any. Ran it again and my ping was now 32ms download 66.7 and upload 3.5 is this fluctuation normal?

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
+1

You will need to do some testing, so try and control the variables and run speedtest a few times with the same settings and no programs running to get good results.

With what you have posted so far it seems a little strange to have such a low upload speed compared to download speed.

whuntoon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
So I ran it without opening anything 26ms for ping 87.5 for download and 4.3 for upload.. its seems that it doesn't change all that much from opening stuff. it seems to me that it isn't internet lag from what I can tell

whuntoon

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
Okay well I fixed most of my lag issues I still think it has something to do with flash, but I added flashblock and adblock to google and then went into services and turned off "superfetch" everything is lightning fast now. I still have issues with opening things like League of legends. I have lagged during the loading screen and by the time I get into the game its already 5 min in. Still trying to figure out what could be wrong.

try downloading newer drivers for your desktop wifi card. check the conenction speed and strenth. if your wifi is open you may have people sucking up your bandwith. look at your wifi adaptor see if it a b/g/ or n. most newer adaptors are n. if yours is an n adaptor check your router settings to see if the router set for b/g or n speeds. with the router check it firmware make sure it up to date. some router had issues with some wifi adaptors intell firmware patches were loaded. the other thing to check if you have a cable modem is to log into the cable modem and check the line power and noise. if it low or there to many splitters or a wiring issue you see low signal strenth and or low/high power. if it a dsl modem..have the phone company to a line check.
also on your pc try running a malware bytes scan and check your anti virus. make sure you only are running one and make sure it up todate. comcast gives out free anti virus. there also avg and avast and mse that are free. also make sure your browser is up to date. (firefox had some issues with flash).