Question Computer Lagging Every Couple Seconds

Mar 23, 2021
Hello all!

So last night was just chillin, playing games and towards the end of the night, I accidentally (seriously no clue how I did this) pressed my power strips reset button so then everything shut down. Fast forward to this morning since I didn’t get back online after it happened last night, I booted back up and noticed no matter what I was doing, google chrome or a game or Spotify, my system would freeze for a second or 2 and this happened roughly every 10-15 seconds. I also noticed it only happened unless I was actively clicking and doing stuff since live streams and videos were fine. But my game would be consistently freezing every 10-15 seconds.

I assume the fact that my system shut down abruptly and not in a proper way that something messed up.

Any ideas anyone? Please any and all help is much appreciated!

Mar 23, 2021
Are you sure the event is linked to the "lag"? I mean I guess it could be, but I have turned off my PC countless times in a non proper away, and when it needed to fix something chckdisk would auto run.

Do you have SSD or Hard drives?
Full system specs?

Have you ran check disk yet, or tried safe mode?

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/#:~:text=Running the Check Disk tool,and then choose “Properties.”&text=In the properties window, switch,click the “Check” button.
Sorry forgot to put my specs in. But I did check my disks. Though I do have 2 SSDs, one 2TB SATA and one 1TB m.2

other specs
Intel i7 9700k cpu
Asus Z390-H board
Asus TUF 3070 gpu
Corsair Vengeance 16 GB ram
Corsair RMx 850 psu

I have not tried safe mode though so i can give that a go when I get back home.

Last edited: