Computer lagging for no reason.

danielzxe

Honorable
Dec 16, 2015
So... Yesterday i left my computer turned on in economy mode (Energy/Power saving mode). This morning i restarted my computer with Normal Settings, but i saw that everything was loading very slow, lag spikes and other things. When i'm playing games some of them crash (yesterday they didn't crashed or anything) and i can only get 10-15 FPS on CS:GO, and it can go down to 4 FPS. All settings are on low. Yesterday i had like 40-50 FPS on medium-high settings.
Also, everything takes much more to load. I really don't know what to do, i bought this computer 3 months ago and it worked good until now. I'll show you my PC's specs :

Windows 8.1 PRO
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4170 CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
Installed memory (ram) : 8.00GB (7.87 usable)
System type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Intel HD Graphics 4400 1792MB

Solution
Hmm. It's so interesting! Try reset the BIOS, and clear the CMOS. Maybe the hardvare was throttled by the economy mode, and a BIOS reset can help on it. Or you must go to start menu-->search box->msconfig-->services-->hide all microsoft services-->then take out the check the box of unusual programs. It will help a lot. But first of all, try a bios reset and a cmos clear

Puposbali

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
Hmm. It's so interesting! Try reset the BIOS, and clear the CMOS. Maybe the hardvare was throttled by the economy mode, and a BIOS reset can help on it. Or you must go to start menu-->search box->msconfig-->services-->hide all microsoft services-->then take out the check the box of unusual programs. It will help a lot. But first of all, try a bios reset and a cmos clear

Solution

danielzxe

Honorable
Dec 16, 2015
Oh.. The solution to this was actually stupid. The computer was set on TURBO mode in BIOS. But in the Windows settings it was set on power saving mode. Now it's working good. Thanks for the replies guys!

Glad it was the power mode settings like I thought. I have a laptop that I did this on and it was so painfully slow till I put it back in normal power mode. Now I make my own custom windows power mode that is kinda a hybrid between High Performance and Normal Performance. Good luck.. I also wouldn't mind if my answer gets picked as the solution.. ;)