Question computer lagging issues

Sep 12, 2022
Hey guys, I've been having issues on my PC that's irritating the hell out of me. I have a decently beefy system

Motherboard: MSI MAG A520M VECTOR WIFI AM4 AMD A520
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600X
GPU: EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming 10GB
Drives: 1 TB WD Black SN770 NVME, Toshiba X300 6TB 7200 RPM HDD
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 GT 850W
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2 x 16GB) @ 3400mhz
Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB

All the games that I try are super laggy. Spiderman Remastered jumps FPS all over the place when swinging around the city. At some points it just stops all together and then about 5-10 seconds later starts back up again, Even a game as weak as Dead by Daylight lags like crazy at first. After about 2 minutes or so in a round it finally starts playing smoothly.

I monitored Spiderman Remastered last night with Afterburner stats on and saw that the GPU wasn't getting above 50 Celsius and the CPU wasn't going above 60. The GPU also never went past 70% utilization and the CPU was around 10-15% so it doesn't seem like a bottleneck. I have the power plan set for high performance. PCI link set for off. Everything seems to be set correctly. Of course, all drivers are as updated as they can be. I even went as far as reinstalling Windows from a clean slate. Issue still persists. I'm at a loss at this point

Sep 12, 2022
So I finally found the problem. Ran DDU, reinstalled drivers, games were smooth. Ran EVGA Precision X1 to control the fans and the lag reappeared. Uninstalled Precision X1, rebooted. Games were smooth again. Playing Spiderman Remastered at 4K on very high preset. This is what I expected out of my hardware. While it was frustrating to find the source of the problem, I'm so happy it was an easy, free fix