Question Computer LED flashing and clicking

Jul 28, 2019
hey guys,

So recently (past week) whenever I shut down my computer randomly I'll wake up to this. https://photos.app.goo.gl/HeDuXrPWRtDsB2mq8

Sometimes it doesn't happen, or will happen hours after shutdown randomly. I don't know what's going on, my computer will turn on just fine and I can't find any problems. Any ideas? Also 1 week ago was a storm we lost power but my computer was off, checked for damage in computer hardware found nothing. My only guess is psu failing?

WaltzWorker

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
Power surge not good! Get a surge protector/suppressor? Most don't get anything... Outlet strip has any protection?
You said: " will happen hours after shutdown randomly."
This is way weird! Ever tap the side of your PC right by the power switch to see what may happen? If it does then that maybe your issue - power switch or reset switch...

Does your system click like in the video when you turn it on normally? Cause that's unusual too!
I see the lights on the motherboard (back and center - red) not flashing so its possibly not your MB... Check the re-seat everything in your PC even the power connector at the back and where it plugs into and the wall... Outlet strip too. If you can swap that power strip out do it...

It would help to know your setup - specifically what's hooked up as far as your lighting/cooling goes... Cause the NZXT unit at the bottom is flashing in sync with what looks to be your GPU lighting while at the same time the red lights in the center back (Motherboard?) are solid... And also the light around your power switch is flashing too.. It kinda seems like your system is trying to power up but cant... Got a fan/lighting controller? Disconnect that and see how it runs...