Computer lights and fans work, however monitor, mouse and keyboard aren't turning on.

Aug 8, 2018
Had an issue with my computer since yesterday and now for some reason now when I turn it on, only the lights and fans on the computer are working. The monitor can't find a signal and my mouse and keyboard aren't lighting up. I've tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. It's actually happened before about a month ago, had something to do with the RAM don't really remember. Open to anything that might be a solution for this.

The PC is custom build so if stats are necessary I can write them.

Froberg

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2008
Considering most cases these days don't include a speaker for troubleshooting, what you're likely experiencing is a failure to even POST. I'd make sure the RAM is properly seated, that there's no dust blocking the connectors and stuff like that. If the keyboard and mouse is not getting power, it really points to it not even getting to POST.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is your PSU? You stated that there was an issue with your ram. How did you resolve that , back then? Were you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Aug 8, 2018
the build is like 2-3 years old.

CPU: AMD FX-8370
Motherboard: msi 970a-g43
Ram: Kingston 8gb
HDD: seagate sshd 1tb
GPU: asus gtx 980
PSU: coba nitrox nobility CN-800
Chassis: aerocool strike-x

I think back then the RAM wasn't probably seated because my parents had moved around with my computer or possibly some dust. Anyways moving it to another slot fixed the problem.