Computer locked up No Video Output

Selendaris

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016
Alright, so I was playing Battlefield 1 when my computer locked up. My first thought is to do a hard reset. Now whenever I try to boot there is no video output from the GPU or Integrated. All fans spin all lights go. Just no video.

I've tried different monitors, Different GPU's, and Different cables.

Specs:
AMD RX480
I5 6600k (OC@4.6ghz)
16gb Memory

I've tried using an old GTS 450 with no luck the monitor is still giving me the no input signal detected. Can not get integrated to do anything as well.

I'm currently thinking I should to replace the PSU.

Any input is welcome. I'll try anything that is recommended.

Solution
I guess that the board is Z170-p d3. Theoretically, you should use DD3L RAMs (low voltage), but I'm not sure if this is the cause of the issue. Not sure what to suggest at this point.
A local pc repair shop would help.

Selendaris

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

Will do thanks for the help so far. Will be several days before I'm able to test anything with the speaker. From there i should be able to see if it is even posting. Before digging into it some more.

Selendaris

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

Alright just got the speaker today. Installed using the manual's instructions. I am not getting a single beep while everything turns on.

To verify I used this speaker

https://www.amazon.com/PC-Motherboard-internal-speaker-Corpco/dp/B01527H4W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1489630517&sr=8-1&keywords=mobo+speaker

On a Z170-P motherboard.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-P/HelpDesk_Manual/

Tried with no graphics card and No ram slotted I get the no Memory Beep Code.

With no beeps present and still no signal I'm thinking it's motherboard failure.

If you get the no RAM code, then it seems that board and CPU do work. Try installing single RAM module, connecting the monitor to the motherboard and testing.
Test each RAM slot.
If still no signal, what video cable using for connecting the monitor, not tv?

Selendaris

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

Tested each RAM slot with both RAM modules checking Both HDMI and DVI outputs on the mother board.
I run a three monitor setup, I've tried each monitor separately one at a time. No Signal.
As always thanks for the help and sticking with me here.

Selendaris

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

Yes you are correct that I should be using DDR3L memory but asus had stated that the use of DDR3 would be safe.
Anyway you've been a great help and thank you for taking time to read into this issue. I'll probably spend more time on upgrading rather than replacing. Moving from a Z170 board to Z270 with Kaby Lake and DDR4. I couldn't ask for a better excuse to upgrade.

Thanks as always. Your input was deeply appreciated.