[SOLVED] Computer Locking Up!! (dont think its overheating)

Nov 30, 2020
hello, My computer keeps locking up and requiring a hard restart. it happens when playing games. I run HW Monitor while playing to make sure im not over heating and it seems to freeze when the CPU temp is around 60c-65c.i have checked my RAM with memtest86 and it found no errors. I run 3 8gb sticks. i have tried different power supplies and problem still exsists.

Specs:
Mother Board: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 R5
Bios date: 4/1/2015
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 Ti
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (2 years old)
Processor: AMD FX 9590 Eight Core Processor 4.70 GHz
Version: 10.0.18363
Hard drive: Seagate FireCuda 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s

Last edited:
Solution
did you try to run it on 2 ram modules in dual channel also what that white plastic cover with foam is use to and from picture seams you run open case then get cpu back to defautl speed and slowly overclock until it lock you could also use hwinfo to find more details on temp fan speed and voltages in system .

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, etc. that correspond with the lock ups.

Right clicking any given entry may provide some additional information that may or may not be helpful.

Nov 30, 2020
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Look in Reliability History for error codes, etc. that correspond with the lock ups.

Right clicking any given entry may provide some additional information that may or may not be helpful.
I have updated information. How do I check reliability history?

Nov 30, 2020
po2LW1zVj

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
did you try to run it on 2 ram modules in dual channel also what that white plastic cover with foam is use to and from picture seams you run open case then get cpu back to defautl speed and slowly overclock until it lock you could also use hwinfo to find more details on temp fan speed and voltages in system .

Solution