Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
First off, my computer specs are-
Shuttle Case
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50 GHz
16 GB of RAM
Intel Graphics 4600

I do not know computers all that well, so if you need more information, please ask and I will try my best to find whatever you may be asking for.

My problem occurs mostly when I am in-game, pretty much any game too. It has happened a few times while not in-game also. The computer will freeze up, and the sound turns to a continuous buzz-ish sound. I cannot do Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+Tab. The light that is near my power button that flashes (sorry but I really don't know much) does not flash at all once it is frozen. Don't ask me why but there is no restart button on my computer, so every time this happens I have to hold in the power button and then turn it back on. Just today I used Windows Update to download some new drivers and one I said "Restart Now", the screen went black then went to a blue screen with lots of information on it, like the Check disk stuff (which I have run before). This has been going on for a while now but this is a fairly new computer. I have run the Memory Test before and found no errors. I really would like to solve this because I know that my method of restarting my computer is not good for the hardware.

Thanks, Ozmg

Rafael Mestdag

Reputable
Mar 25, 2014
This sounds like a hardware conflict, either that or your motherboard has a problem with its onboard sound device. You could try and check if there is a conflict by right-clicking My Computer then Properties then Device Manager. Once in the Device Manager window you should look for an exclamation mark on whatever is causing the issue. You'll probably find it in "Sound, video and game controllers".

Anyway, if you find anything with a yellow exclamation mark on it, right-click it then Properties and then see in the Device Status box what the problem is. You'll probably have to update your drivers for your faulty device(sound probably).