Question Computer Locks up then Reboots

lifeandgamesdlc

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
Hello,

Last night, when I was playing a game of Siege with some friends, I noticed some extremely loud coil whine coming from my PSU, louder than it has been before. Then, this morning when I was browsing the web, my PC froze for about 3-5 seconds and then immediately rebooted. The mouse cursor wasn't moving. I didn't try to see if anything else was responding at the time, but I doubt the keyboard would have been working. This build is relatively new, only set it up about a week ago. It consists of a Ryzen 5 2600, 32GB of F4-3200C16D-32GVK RAM, Crucial MX500 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB (OS stored on SSD), Gigabyte P650B (reused from old build), GTX 780ti (also reused from old build) and a Gigabyte B450m Aorus Elite. Currently I'm stressing the RAM with memtest86, it has gone through the first pass without errors, will continue to let it run till it ceases the test. What else could I possibly do to isolate the problem? Before this, I had already checkd CyrstalDiskInfo, both SSD and harddrive were reading healthy. After memtest, I plan to stress test the graphics card and CPU. If that doesn't work, I honestly don't know where to go from there. I have already updated the BIOS, too.

Thanks for reading or replying in regards.

lifeandgamesdlc

Commendable
Dec 27, 2018
PS: The ram is clocked at 2933mhz, 3200 wouldn't work, presumably because of my CPU and mobo combo. The PC went on fine for about a week since I built it before these issues started occuring. RMA for the PSU is also out of the question, it was used in the previous build with the same GPU but a different CPU without problems. (Slight coil whine but never too loud) and is past the 1 year warranty my local store offered. Also, I don't believe this is being caused by a overheating GPU or CPU. Both idle at around 30-40 degrees and they both hit a max of around 70-80 degrees while gaming, CPU remains on around 60-70 with the Graphics card hitting around 80 in intensive games like ARK.

TRENDING THREADS