Question Computer lockup woes

Oct 14, 2020
Doing this from my phone so bare with me...

Over the past few days I have been wrestling with a system issue I cannot figure out for the life of me. My rig has been experiencing full lock up with no bsod or anything showing up in the event viewer after recovering to help identify the problem. My pc takes 20-30 mins to boot and at random times full freezes weather I'm playing a game, just watching YouTube videos, or just sitting there. I've been using these forums as a resource to troubleshoot but I'm at a loss of what it could be.

Things I had tried:
-Cleaned out case, checked fans, HWmonitor didn't show any heat issues, case is well ventilated and all hardware was within acceptable heat
-Reseating hardware; RAM, video card, and sata cables to all drives (4)
-Memory diagnostic from a win10 thumb drive with no errors
-CHKDSK from thumb drive for all drives and encountered no errors or bad sectors
-Uninstalled video card drivers and rolled back to previous version
-Deleted System32/WDI/ based on a suggestion from another thread here
-Ran DriverFix to find any drivers, only found 4 that were nvidia related... updated them
-Ran EVGA Precision to test GPU frequencies and timings for ~3 hours with no issues

Pc locked up 10 mins into a YT video, complete with ear shattering audio gibberish, after being up for about an hour and about 30 mins of videos prior. Makes no sense. As a long shot, I'm trying disconnecting each drive one by one now.

Might also try my backup video card. Can a failing video card cause this kind of crash? There are no other signs the card is failing, I'm just grasping at straws...

Specs:
Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0
AMD FX 8350
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GSkill DDR3 1600 (F3 12800 CL10D) 32GB [8x4]
Windows 10 Enterprise ("borrowed") verion: 10.0.17134 build 17134

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS