Question Computer lockups / freezing.

Nov 28, 2019
Hi, I have come across an unreasonably rare issue, my computer seems to freeze up from time to time in short intervals 10-20 seconds. During the 10-20 seconds it freezes and unfreezes multiple times and sometimes after the freeze my mouse seems to move a-lot faster and my screen seems to be a lot smoother similar to an upgrade in monitor HZ then it goes back to the original state of being freezing and unfreezing in 10-20 second intervals. This happens when playing the game Rust more than often, I have an RTX 570, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB Ram. I also often have my internet disconnected and later follows a blue screen too whilst playing games such as Fortnite or Rust.

Hello

Can you please try updating your graphics driver and see if it resolves the issue? You may also want to check for any available Windows updates.

If the graphics driver is already updated, and the problem started appearing after that, rolling back the driver to its earlier built could help.

Feel free to report back if the above solutions don't work, and you need any further assistance in this.

Cheers!!

Nov 28, 2019
Hello

Can you please try updating your graphics driver and see if it resolves the issue? You may also want to check for any available Windows updates.

If the graphics driver is already updated, and the problem started appearing after that, rolling back the driver to its earlier built could help.

Feel free to report back if the above solutions don't work, and you need any further assistance in this.

Cheers!!
Ok, after checking windows is up to date and I do have the latest card drivers. My temperatures are completely normal for gaming / desktop use and I am not overclocking anything. Issue seems to persist frequently when clicking in and out of games (I have 2 monitors) like Rust, Payday 2, GMOD, Minecraft etc. I am certain my PC is clear of 3rd party programs that could be causing said freezing but this all did start happening out of nowhere which is why I am having such a difficult time solving this problem on my own. Thank you for your help.

Nov 28, 2019
Does the blue screen write a dump file? They would be in the folder Windows\Minidump. Or do you know what the blue screen says?
Are you overclocking anything?
Are you running any programs that monitor temperatures?
I have no dump files in the folder which is odd but I can confirm that it does happen somewhat frequently (4-5 times a week)

Nov 28, 2019
Not all games let you tab out and back in with no consequence. You said not always, so does anything else happen, or does it work fine sometimes?
No, I don't believe that it is the games as I do understand that tabbing out without consequence is a thing but like I said it is short intervals of freezes within 10 seconds. It freezes for 1-2 seconds and unfreezes for about 10 seconds about 5 times, I do believe that it may be caused by discord only because the issue persists when discord is open rather than it not being open.