[SOLVED] Computer Loses Connection every 30 to 40 minutes

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
So my problem is my computer loses connection everytime modem renews its ip lease between 30 to 40 minutes.I can match disconnects with modem logs so that proves my theory.I've fixed this by reserving a ip adress for my pc so no more renewals but this time computer loses connection randomly and goes into cycle of identfying network and no cable connection symbol.I can fix this by restarting modem.Any ideas this is frustrating i have an another computer in the network and 3 or 4 wifi devices they all run ok without hiccups.

Also whenever i gain connection back there is this event on event viewer;
Name resolution for the name win8.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

image.png

So far i've tried reinstalling network drivers and tried a different lan cable.

Are you sure this is the cause of the problem. All this says a dns lookup failed that means little. If your internet actually went down then that can cause the issue but it is much more than just a dns error and you would think there would be other errors.

In any case this is likely a IPV6 issue. Unless you know of some reason you need to use IPV6 I would just disable the IPv6 in your nic settings.

This may not fix you actual issue but it will stop this particular message.

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
Are you sure this is the cause of the problem. All this says a dns lookup failed that means little. If your internet actually went down then that can cause the issue but it is much more than just a dns error and you would think there would be other errors.

In any case this is likely a IPV6 issue. Unless you know of some reason you need to use IPV6 I would just disable the IPv6 in your nic settings.

This may not fix you actual issue but it will stop this particular message.

I'm not saying that event is the cause i'm just saying i was losing connection every time lease renews itself in that case it was 30 to 40 minutes.I've fixed that by reserving a ip adress to my pc's mac adress on modem settings.But now i get random disconnects and cant fix itself and i have to restart the modem.In my opinion modem just stops giving me access to the internet.

If this other devices are also being affected I would strongly suspect you are actually losing your internet connection. You could try to access the modem/router itself when this happens. Maybe there are logs in the modem. If you can not actually get into the modem/router with a browser I would suspect bad hardware.

Vincent_22

Distinguished
May 29, 2016
If this other devices are also being affected I would strongly suspect you are actually losing your internet connection. You could try to access the modem/router itself when this happens. Maybe there are logs in the modem. If you can not actually get into the modem/router with a browser I would suspect bad hardware.

Other devices are not affected at all.Just this one.And when i lose connection i cant access modem through my browser so no connection to the modem.thats why i've changed the lan cable thinking maybe that was the issue but nope.