Question Computer loses internet connection after a while for no reason

Jul 14, 2022
So basically im playing or im on youtube whatever it may be and my computer just loses internet connection, no issues whatsoever found... What i find extremely weird is that the program or wtv that im using it doesnt lose internet connection, if im playing a game the game will stay online but when i try to access a website or even discord if im not using it they just dont load and i have to restart my computer.

the specs are these:

windows 10 64
CPU: i5-11400F
MOBO: Prime H510M-E
RAM: 32gb dd4 3200
GPU: RTX 3060 TI
Network adapter : intel ethernet connection i219 series

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur just before or at the time when accessing a website or discord fails.

Does that happen with all games or just one game in particular?

Also: Make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

Jul 14, 2022
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur just before or at the time when accessing a website or discord fails.

Does that happen with all games or just one game in particular?

Also: Make and model router?

The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue.

Who has full admin rights to the router? You will need help from that person.

it happens with all games, or all activities, its just a matter of time before it starts acting up no matter what im doing, sometimes i turn on the pc and i go do something for a while when i come back i try to enter anything that requires internet and i cant, the only thing that would be working is the program that i would be using for example.

it wouldnt be an issue with the router since its only happening on my computer, theres a couple other computers running windows 10 in my house and nothing happens, connection always stable

and im pretty sure i can change anything router based if needed so i guess i have the full admin rights xD

Ralston18

Titan
Are you using any screen savers or power plans?

On your computer run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

Just for the record, the make and model of the modem and the router (or modem/router if combined) is an important part of the trouble shooting process. Being able to refer to the applicable User Guide/Manuals can prove very helpful.

Only a "couple of other computers" - correct? What about other networked devices: wired and wireless? Phones, cameras, storage, TVs, etc..

In the router what is the Starting IP address, subnet mask, allowed number of users, and the lease time setting?

More information is needed.