Computer Low FPS Randomly

Brian56

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
I used to be able to play games at 60+ fps. One day later I can't run anything without lagging hardcore. No game will let me play fast. I want to think it's a virus or something but I ran a few AVG scans only a couple viruses, they were removed and still no difference. AVG is not the problem I installed it today to check if I had any viruses. Didn't fix problem. Have not run malware bytes or touched any components. The entire system is slow as heck.
Please help, thanks :)

Temps:
GPU
42C
CPU
45ishC

Have not run malware bytes or touched any components. I doubt it is the CPU since temps are fine....

Solution
Hi,
Few things might work:

1- AVG is not the best out there, so I would prefer to try another one. Also viruses might still running without knowing that.
2- Use malware scanner to scan your PC as these viruses might missed your registry or there are something hidden.
3- Check task manager and see if there is a process is eating your CPU or R/W to your HD.
4- Try stress test for CPU & GPU and see what the temps while running it!

There is one think I never saw and would love to know if there is a viruse can cause a problem to the GPU/CPU clock but lowering them!

Regards

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,
Few things might work:

1- AVG is not the best out there, so I would prefer to try another one. Also viruses might still running without knowing that.
2- Use malware scanner to scan your PC as these viruses might missed your registry or there are something hidden.
3- Check task manager and see if there is a process is eating your CPU or R/W to your HD.
4- Try stress test for CPU & GPU and see what the temps while running it!

There is one think I never saw and would love to know if there is a viruse can cause a problem to the GPU/CPU clock but lowering them!

Regards

Solution