Computer made thud noise then froze. After reboot gives no signal

Sep 29, 2018
Was playing on pc (its an old pc with bad specs) when playing game heard a thud coming from pc them screen froze , could hear friends talking in discord and they could hear me. I was still able to move around in game and could hear everything but the screen was still frozen , disconnected HDmi and reconnected and still the same screen. Rebooted but now monitor doesnt get signal

From my understanding it is either my psu or gpu.It might be my psu giving in because the computer is about 6 years old.

Anyone able to help?

Specs: Nvidia Gt 660 1Gb
4gb ram (no idea what brand)
Intel i3 (not sure specific model)
350W power supply (Gigabyte ATX-L350K)

Solution
Hello,

From experience I can promise you its the hard drive that needs replacing. Can pick one up from Amazon for only around £50 and installation is easy. Windows 10 will need to be installed again too.

The thud was most likely the mechanical parts inside the hard drive breaking down. Pain in the ass because you will have to download all your data again, but the bright side it that your machine will be sparkly new on the inside. I was in a World of Warcraft raid when it happened to me :p

Good luck,
- Alex
Sep 21, 2018
Hello,

From experience I can promise you its the hard drive that needs replacing. Can pick one up from Amazon for only around £50 and installation is easy. Windows 10 will need to be installed again too.

The thud was most likely the mechanical parts inside the hard drive breaking down. Pain in the ass because you will have to download all your data again, but the bright side it that your machine will be sparkly new on the inside. I was in a World of Warcraft raid when it happened to me :p

Good luck,
- Alex

Solution

TRENDING THREADS