Computer Making Crackling Sounds And Restarting

CheesyBreadstick

Reputable
Jun 7, 2015
Hello! So recently, my computer was sent back for fixing using warranty. All they told us was that they had to swap out my hard drive and graphics card. When I brought it back home to test it out, the WiFi and resolution were a complete mess. What I also noticed was that there was a dent on the side of the case, which I tried to ignore. We brought it back for fixing and they installed a driver to fix the WiFi and a driver to fix the graphics/resolution. What I also started noticing after that was my computer's noises. Before fixing the computer, it made stable noises that were normal for a computer. However, when I got it back, it sounded as if the noises are in and out. It would make quiet sounds that sounded as if you were turning a car engine on over and over again. I tried ignoring it and started playing some video games. After a couple minutes, my frame rate would start to become slower and the computer would make the car engine noise again. However, it also started making a crackling sound as if you are dropping a small marble on the floor. It would make 3-4 of these crackling sounds every end of the car engine roar. Then, after a few more minutes of this noise, my computer's screen would go totally black and restart itself. Does anybody know what the cause and fix of this is? Also, thank you so much for your time for reading all this and answering!

It sounds like a fan might be going, thus causing overheating. but that crackling, that could be a short or something else bad..., is what scares me. I would stop using it, make no more changes, and demand that they fix the whole thing, a dented case could have ruined your motherboard and a lot more depending on where and what the forces were that it received to get that dent. who did you send it to?