[SOLVED] Computer making high-pitched noise, possibly from water cooler ?

Sep 5, 2021
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3cFe4Mwy64&ab_channel=Clark

I know for certain that it's not any of the case fans since i've turned them off individually as well, if i put my ear up to the pc it sounds like it's coming from the cpu area but I usually hear it from the pump. I honestly have no idea at this point since this pc makes a ton of loud ass noises and i need a bittt of help to know where it's coming from

It's extremely loud and gets picked up on my mic all the time even when the pc is pretty far away and with the glass on

Specs:
GPU - MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super 8GB
CPU - Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard - MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM - XPG Spectrix D41 64GB
SSD - Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB M.2 Gen4 (x2)

Case - Cooler Master TD500 Mesh
Reservoir - Bitspower DDC Reservoir Combo 150 RGB-PWM

PSU - Cooler Master V850 PSU
Radiator - Touchaqua 360 Radiator

Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited:
Solution
Just an update:

After a bit of research apparently it's just how ddc pumps are. I replaced the whole thing with an aio and it's running extremely quiet now

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are there supposed to be bubbles/bubbling in the reservoir?

Use a rolled up sheet of paper to make a tube about 10" long and 1" diameter.

Hold one end of the tube to your ear and carefully focus the other end into the interior of the case.

Doing so may help you pinpoint the source of the high pitched noise.

Sep 5, 2021
Honestly I have no idea if there should be liquid bubbling in the reservoir, i just assumed that it's because there's liquid moving through it. I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the reservoir, i checked with my dad and he thought so too lol

Now that I look at it, the liquid really is moving a lot in there. I checked some videos and theirs just stay still so i'm not really sure how to solve that

(updated post above)

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Titan
I can't hear anything. If it's a very high frequency sound, a lot of people have hearing that has aged past being able to hear them, which includes me in this case.

You shouldn't have many bubbles, let alone roaring bubbles like a witch's cauldron prop on Halloween. Likely not filled up as much as needed and lots of air in the system.

Sep 5, 2021
You'd probably need to turn the volume up, to be honest the sound on the phone definitely isn't as loud as it is in person. You should be able to hear it after the fan speed slows back down then there's a high pitch sound, it's not super high frequency so it should be audible. I'll see if i can get another video

Sep 5, 2021
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9woEFXpC8Q&ab_channel=Clark

The front fans do make some sound after turning the volume up but i'm mainly focusing on the high pitch noise, i checked all fans on the pc and none of them are making that sound.

To help a bit here's a video with frequencies, the sound i'm hearing from my pc is about 650 Hz
View: https://youtu.be/qNf9nzvnd1k?t=70

I'll most likely fill the reservoir up with more liquid to see if that helps, I was pretty mindful when I did it since it was my first time doing liquid cooling

Sep 5, 2021
Just an update:

After a bit of research apparently it's just how ddc pumps are. I replaced the whole thing with an aio and it's running extremely quiet now

Solution