Computer Management: The network path was not found

Ethan

This used to work, but....

I can no longer use all of the "Computer Management" tools against a remote
computer. "Local Users and Groups", "Event Viewer", "Performance Logs and
Alerts" and "Device Manager" all return a similar error:

Unable to access the computer <COMPUTERNAME>. The error was: The network
path was not found.

However, other "Computer Management" tools DO work... "Shared Folders",
"Services and Applications". Also, I can successfully ping the remote
computer; I can open both "regular" and "admin" (C$) shares; I get a correct
response from NSLOOKUP.

To complicate matters even more, I CAN manage other computers, just not this
one. Meanwhile, I CAN manage this one from other clients.

All are connected to the same domain; I am Admin on all; all are using the
same DHCP server and are on the same subnet.

Any thoughts?

"ethan" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> This used to work, but....
>
> I can no longer use all of the "Computer Management" tools against a
> remote
> computer. "Local Users and Groups", "Event Viewer", "Performance Logs and
> Alerts" and "Device Manager" all return a similar error:
>
> Unable to access the computer <COMPUTERNAME>. The error was: The network
> path was not found.
>
> However, other "Computer Management" tools DO work... "Shared Folders",
> "Services and Applications". Also, I can successfully ping the remote
> computer; I can open both "regular" and "admin" (C$) shares; I get a
> correct
> response from NSLOOKUP.
>
> To complicate matters even more, I CAN manage other computers, just not
> this
> one. Meanwhile, I CAN manage this one from other clients.
>
> All are connected to the same domain; I am Admin on all; all are using the
> same DHCP server and are on the same subnet.
>
> Any thoughts?

Remote management is disabled.

Ethan

"Interrogative" <If@you.dont.ask.nicely.no> wrote in message

> Remote management is disabled.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy... I can use other clients to manage this
particular server. It's only this one client that cannot manage this one
server; all other machines can be used to manage each other.

Make sure the Remote Registry Service is running on the computer you
want to remotely manage.