Question Computer micro-freezes -> hardware or software issue ?

Jan 6, 2021
Hello, i have a strange problem with my computer.

The problem began already a year ago. My Computer always crashed at running csgo (1 Crash every 2 or 3 matches). The programm freezed froze and i had to turn of my computer with the power button. This always happened after a new windows update for a few weeks. The non-paged pool reduced to around 200-300 MB.

After a few weeks, the non-paged-pool changed to around 2-4 GB and CSGO stopped crashing. The installation of the intel rapid storage technology driver reduced the non-paged-pool to the 200-300 MB again and the pc started to have issues in CS:GO.

After I just bought a new computer mouse and i installed a new program (Razer Synapse 3), my Computer started to have mikro-freezes. My browser (Firefox) freezes for around half a second, when i change the tab. Teamspeak has also a few issues. The sound freezes for a few milliseconds sometimes. The issues in CS:GO are strange. I have longer freezes every few seconds and the sound isnt working as it should. I hear the "normal" freeze sounds and also a "beep" sound effect. The "beep" sound is only hearable with my earphones. The sound does not come from the motherboard. I updated every driver (GPU,Sound ...) but the issue was not solved. Only my bios version isnt the newest. The usage of my old mouse and removing Synapse 3 did not solve the problem.

The temps are fine (GPU max 65 ° ,CPU 60° ). The ram was already checked by windows and didnt show any problems. After a full restart (with switching off the power supply) the issue stops, but one or two days later the same problem appears.

These are my system specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k (not overcloked with stable 1.25V)
Msi GTX 980 Gaming 4G
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
2x Crucial CT8G4DFS8213 8GB DDR4 2133MHZ
550 be quiet! Straight Power 11 Psu

Thanks in advance.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd advise on you making it your first priority to update the BIOS. Considering that this is an Intel platform, take note of the order in which the BIOS needs updating, with an eye on if you need to update the chipset/MEI drivers in between BIOS updates.

You will then need to mention the age of the PSU. Random crashes can be a result of the PSU being faulty or failing.

Reactions: Jonaah
Jan 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd advise on you making it your first priority to update the BIOS. Considering that this is an Intel platform, take note of the order in which the BIOS needs updating, with an eye on if you need to update the chipset/MEI drivers in between BIOS updates.

You will then need to mention the age of the PSU. Random crashes can be a result of the PSU being faulty or failing.

Hello, i just installed the newest bios version manually ( The EZ Update software from asus did not wanted to update the bios). The PSU is around 1,5 years old, so around 3.5 years younger than the rest of the system. Unfortunately two other supplies from corsair died already. The voltages are fine.

Jan 6, 2021
The issue is still there. I tried to find some windows problems with command sfc /scannow. Some problems were found but that did not change anything.

D

Deleted member 14196

Did you test your memory sticks And check your storage device for errors

Oh never mind. never install razor software. you said that cause your problem. now you’re gonna have to try to uninstall it to see if it goes away. if it doesn’t you’ll have to reinstall windows or roll back to a point before you had installed it

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jan 6, 2021
Razor software is pure garbage and you should never install it ever

I already deleted the synapse software but that changed nothing. The storage devices were already checked by windows. I cant roll back to a older version, but i can reinstall windows. I could also try memtest86 to check the ram without running windows.

Jan 6, 2021
It seems like the issue is connected with the usage of the netflix app. After i started the app and watched an episode the pc started to have freeze and sound issues. I tried it multiple times and the same issue is happening every single time.