Question Computer momentarily turns off before turning on normally

Nov 20, 2020
I have this problem with my Desktop PC since past 3 years when I replaced my faulty PSU with Corsair VS550 back in 2017. Everything was perfect before that with the previous PSU.

Since then, every time I turn my PC ON, the front LED light turns ON, CPU and PSU fans etc. start rotating AND then all of them turn OFF immediately and stays in that state for a while (for 4-5 seconds) and then finally TURN ON again automatically and normally (withno manual Switch ON), and PC runs with no further issue.

This thing happens in case of fresh start of the computer only. When I just turn OFF the computer keeping the UPS still turned ON and then turn on the computer again anytime later (keeping the UPS still turned ON), there is no such issue. But if I switch OFF the UPS along with the computer and go with a new fresh session, same problem happens.

Considering this to be a fault with the PSU, I have installed a new Cooler Master 450W PSU yesterday, BUT again same issue. So this might not be due to the PSU itself (I think).

► To better understand the issue, please consider in watching this video of my own PC uploaded by me on my G Drive: CLICK HERE

Any resolution/suggestion from anybody with knowledge of this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

My System Information
Board: Intel DH67BL
CPU: Intel Core i5 2310 @2.90GHz
RAM: 4GB, DDR3
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 520, 1 GB
Boots from: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Addl. 1 TB HDD installed
Power Supply Unit: Cooler Master MWE 450W (same problem with Corsair VS550W)
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
First off, why do you have a Pro version of Windows 10 on such an old machine? Second, your motherboard is old, what your experiencing is due to the capacitors on the board charging up. As time goes on, the system might need to be in standby mode(after flipping the power switch on the wall outlet) for a little while in order to let your system boot/power up.

Nov 20, 2020
First off, why do you have a Pro version of Windows 10 on such an old machine? Second, your motherboard is old, what your experiencing is due to the capacitors on the board charging up. As time goes on, the system might need to be in standby mode(after flipping the power switch on the wall outlet) for a little while in order to let your system boot/power up.
@Lutfij Thanks for your prompt reply.
I am using this MoBo since 2011. But unlike earlier, I don't perform any heavy work on my PC now a days except reading, internet or watching videos etc. My PC constantly runs for 8-10 hours (sometimes even more) a day on average with no problem at all.
For this reason I am not thinking to upgrade the MoBo as of now and also it is working fine except the problem being discussed here (as you have said this is due to the capacitors on it).

So, would this "powering off and turning on back every time" cause any harm to my system?
Bcz, very recently one of my 4GB RAM sticks got defected (Memtest86 result: error in 1 Bit and in 1 address) and I guess this could be a result of this issue.

Or would any slight repairing of the MoBo may be helpful?

Thanks.