Computer monitor flickering/flashing screen when mouse scr..

Hi, all:

Thanks for reading this post. I have a custom made PC which is using
Epox 8RGA+ motherboard with onboard video (nVidia GF4 MX). I run dual
monitors setting (two ViewSonic A90f+ CRT monitors). When I'm running
these two 19" monitors with the onboard video card, everything seems
to be in order. Recently I got a used ATI Radeon 8500 video card and
put it into my PC, now, for some reason, the second (and ONLY the 2nd)
monitor will flicker/flash with some light (very thin) "strips" when I
scroll down a long Web (or MS Word) documents using my mouse's
scrolling wheel. This problem become most apparent when the long Web
page has a pure white background and I scroll up and down very fast.
And this problem comes up no matter I do the scrolling of a long Web
page on 1st monitor or the 2nd monitor.

Also, my 1st monitor from time to time will suddenly resize itself,
sometimes it will some some minor resize several times within 1-2
seconds (like dancing by itself) and then stop. This problem does NOT
show on the 2nd monitor, which has the "flicker/flash" problem only.

Here are my questions:

1. Does this seem to be a problem with the ATI Radeon 8500 video card?
As I didn't experience this kind of problem when I was using the
onboard nVIDIA GF4 MX videos (also running as dual monitors setting).
I run both 19" CRT monitors at 85 mhz with 1152x864 resolution.
2. Could it be a problem with the monitor(s) themselves?? They are new
monitors though.
3. Any trouble shooting tips or solutions?

Thanks!

Hi:

I think the answer is "yes"--I recall reading the ATI Radeon 8500 GPU
had a problem with dual monitor--I read it here in this newsgroup
about five minutes ago--so you can find it too.

Try the Matrox Parhelia or some other dual-monitor card.

RL

whchuang@gmail.com (T.T.) wrote in message news:<6af0896c.0410091037.26cf232e@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, all:
>
> Thanks for reading this post. I have a custom made PC which is using
> Epox 8RGA+ motherboard with onboard video (nVidia GF4 MX). I run dual
> monitors setting (two ViewSonic A90f+ CRT monitors). When I'm running
> these two 19" monitors with the onboard video card, everything seems
> to be in order. Recently I got a used ATI Radeon 8500 video card and
> put it into my PC, now, for some reason, the second (and ONLY the 2nd)
> monitor will flicker/flash with some light (very thin) "strips" when I
> scroll down a long Web (or MS Word) documents using my mouse's
> scrolling wheel. This problem become most apparent when the long Web
> page has a pure white background and I scroll up and down very fast.
> And this problem comes up no matter I do the scrolling of a long Web
> page on 1st monitor or the 2nd monitor.
>
> Also, my 1st monitor from time to time will suddenly resize itself,
> sometimes it will some some minor resize several times within 1-2
> seconds (like dancing by itself) and then stop. This problem does NOT
> show on the 2nd monitor, which has the "flicker/flash" problem only.
>
> Here are my questions:

whchuang@gmail.com (T.T.) wrote in message news:<6af0896c.0410091037.26cf232e@posting.google.com>...
> Hi, all:
>
> Thanks for reading this post.

Found some web resources that might help with dual monitor troubleshooting:

http://www.realtimesoft.com/

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/db.asp

RL